Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Back on track

I finally got back on the exercise train. I managed to walk about 30 minutes, but not as fast as usual. My foot felt good, but I am still congested so breathing was a little trouble. I still am glad that I at least got moving. It stunk to walk in the dark though. I have to wake up early on Tuesdays and Thursdays to walk since I leave for work at 7:30. My walking time is 5:50 to about 6:30. It is just becoming light--barely--when I get back home. It is peaceful though.

Breakfast was cottage cheese and cantaloupe. That is my new favorite breakfast. I had to attend a lunch meeting today, but they offered a variety of salads. I had a taco salad. I even had a few chips with it and skipped the cookies they offered for dessert. I drank a Sprite Zero, which is the same as the Coke Zero. Both, by the way are sweetened with artificial sweetener. That is the only time I use the stuff, but the calories from regular soda aren't worth it to me. I would rather have a bit of sweetener and a glass of diet. I use Splenda if I have any in the house. I don't drink anything in my tea though so usually my husband uses the Splenda in his tea.

Tonight was a special dinner. We went out because the Applebees near out house offered to donate 10% of the bill from dinner to our kids' schools. It is really an excuse not to cook. I had a bruschetta burger--about half--Becky ate some of the other half and she liked it too. It was a grilled burger on Tuscan bread topped with tomatoes and a basil pesto. I also had some spinach and artichoke dip---the whole family split that appetizer so none of us had too much.

My stomach is so full now, but I don't think I ate too much today. Tomorrow I am going to have to skip the walking because my foot is about as swollen as a football. The injury still gives me great discomfort on humid days---the changing barometer also gets ms. I think Wednesday is supposed to be humid so I am getting the forecast with my foot.

No comments: