Saturday, September 29, 2007

A perfect day

What a great day!! The weather was beautiful and that really kept my spirits high. I was able to exercise this morning for about 7 minutes on the elliptical trainer before my foot started to hurt. So I decided to jump over to the treadmill for the rest of the time. I usually hate the treadmill, but since I had already started exercising I didn't want to stop and it was the easiest route to take since I was with the kids in the basement where the exercise stuff is.

I was so busy again this morning that I didn't eat my fruit until about 12:30. I have to get out of that habit because I know it is better to eat than starve myself. Had a quick snack around 3...2 slices of bologna. I managed to get 8 glasses of water in today even with a mid day food shopping event. The shopping trip was fine, but usually I get a soda when I go to Costco and I have decided that I don't need that either right now. So I missed my soda, but I will survive. I intend to drink another 4 cups by about 8:30 so I will have done at least 12 today. I hope to get more in tomorrow, but 12 is a good number. Beyond that, sometimes the running to the bathroom gets annoying!!

Dinner was nice. We had some chicken wings, a quarter piece of corn on the cob and about half a cup of baked beans. I treated myself again today and had a cupcake with the kids. I felt like since I missed a meal basically that I could have the treat. I had it early which always makes me feel better about having sweets.

I plan to exercise tomorrow because I am not sure that I will have time in the morning on Monday. If I do, then I will just have gotten an extra day in--better that way! This week I would like to begin the 4 day a week exercise routine. I technically start my week on Monday so the plan is to exercise Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and whatever I do on the weekend is a bonus. This week Monday is a maybe so I will do an extra on Wednesday if I can.

Looking to lose 2 pounds this week with all the water intake and increase in exercise. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

SassyFitnessBug said...

Wow, dlv! You had a really great day. It's great you didn't give up with the exercising and found a way to continue (I agree about the treadmill by the way ...b o r i n g!) And you're doing great with your diet too. Keep up the good work!