Sunday, September 30, 2007

I feel successful today

Well the weather certainly can keep a person happy and energetic. I have been watching my portion size all week instead of limiting any type of food like carbs and I like that method so much better than the South Beach diet that I had previously been adhering to with such devotion. Today I analyzed my calories all day and it wasn't as tough as I thought it would be. It was time consuming, but not really that bad.

According to the calorie counter, I am supposed to have about 2000 calories a day. I have reduced it to 1800 because I want to lose some significant weight. I think that is a very good amount of calories anyway. Today I used 1428 calories. I may be having a piece of homemade cake which will add 300 calories, but that is still within my limit. I intend to eat it by 8:30 so I eat at least 2 hours before bed.

I had scheduled to walk today, but didn't because I got caught up in yard work for about 2 hours. I decided that the yard work was my exercise. Mostly because my foot hurt from all of the tedious cleaning up. So I wasn't really hungry at breakfast time so I skipped until lunch. I had 2 hot dogs with sauerkraut. I avoided the carbs by only eating one roll and the other dog I ate with a fork. I had 3 cookies after lunch to cure the sweet tooth.

Dinner was a home made meat sauce...I made up the recipe as I went along until it tasted good. I had linguine with it but the main part was the meat.

I am so energized from spending so much time outside with the kids. They helped clean the yard too. This afternoon I took them outside and we rode bikes for a bit. Not really enough exercise to call it a full workout, but at least I know I got moving a bit.

Tomorrow's exercise is up in the air. I have a few household items that may prevent it, but I will try to get it in somehow. I also have a dinner date with a friend tomorrow so I would love to exercise to feel better about eating out. We shall see!

1 comment:

SassyFitnessBug said...

You're doing great. Yes, this weather definitely helps, doesn't it?

Keep up the good work!