Monday, October 1, 2007

My plan update

So as I talked about last time I wrote, up until now I have been simply watching portions as I prepare my daily meals/snacks. I did some calorie counting this past weekend and I found it to be easier than expected and another way for me to feel more accountable. I had decided that I would begin the actual counting this week and simply stay within the limit that I am allowed. I have changed my mind since reading more about the calorie zig-zagging and now I too am going to change my daily allotment.

My daily allowance is 2024. That includes 3 times a week of exercise which I hope to increase to 4, but depending on the foot I can't always even get the 3 full sessions in so I will see what happens with that. I am giving myself 2000 calories a day. I start my weeks on Monday, but I will add in yesterday since I officially started yesterday. So for the upcoming week(10/1-10/7)

[Sunday: 1800]

Monday: 2000

Tuesday: 1700 & exercise

Wednesday: 1900

Thursday: 1800 & exercise

Friday: 1900 & exercise

Saturday: 2000

Sunday: 1800 & exercise


I really haven't veered too much from the 2000 calories because I am not sure how much I should reduce from my calorie intake so that it is realistic. This will be something of an experimental week for me. I feel that I already eat healthy foods, but now my job is to make sure my intake of them is at the right portions. This way I will know exactly how much I can afford to eat after dinner when I am dying for a snack. As I see how this method works for me, I am sure that I will decrease the amount of calories on some days and add to others. We often plan outings for the weekend at least a week in advance so I can calculate that into my schedule.

Well, now that you know the plan, hope to be able to report that I can follow it. I feel so motivated and supported that I believe I will be successful

No comments: