Thursday, November 29, 2007

A trying Thursday

I had to talk myself through the whole day so I wouldn't eat everything not nailed down. I don't keep snacks at work, I pack my bag everyday so I have control over the calorie intake. But today I wanted to run to the 7-11 and buy chips. I didn't but I needed to have pretzel bites when I came home from work. I ate a lot of them so I had to juggle dinner calories. So here is how my calorie intake went today.....For breakfast I ate plain oatmeal(100). I had an oatmeal raisin granola bar(90) around 10 because I was so hungry. For lunch I had tuna on wheat bread and some cheese-its(total 605). I had some candy(130) a little while later. When I got home from work, I had pretzels with mustard(350)-- a lot of them!!!. For dinner, I had a chicken thigh, a cup of homemade creamed spinach and a piece of potato(200). I am sipping on a cup of hot chocolate now(80). So I made it through the day and managed to keep it under my allowance of 1600. I ate a total of 1565 but I did eat the pretzels and some cheese its which are a bit salty. Hopefully I won't retain water when I weigh in on Saturday.

I tried a new kind of exercise today. On our cable, we can use the on-demand feature for exercise programs. This morning I used a cardio dance program today that was 20 minutes long. Then I did a 7 minute ab routine. Tonight I walked for 40 minutes, but not at my fastest. I did walk fast, but I am still a bit tired and sick so I couldn't really go full force. In my mind though, at least I walked.

I just hope that I can get it together tomorrow and stay away from the salt...sometimes it is easier to stick to the plan when I am at home taking care of the kids because they keep me busy.

2 comments:

SassyFitnessBug said...

I am so proud of you for the way you handled a very "urgy" day. Sure you had lots of pretzels but you still kept a rein on your calorie intake and in the big picture that's what brings the results. That's great you tried a new workout. I think mixing things up keeps it fun and keeps exercising from getting to be drudgery. Great job!

Mama Leone said...

Don't you hate those cravings for salt. When I get them the only way I can stop myself is if someone ties me to the chair. You did good, however, even though you ate the salt you stayed within your calorie limit. Also, good job trying the new workout. That idea is planted in my mind now and I may try it some morning.