Monday, March 3, 2008

I'm tired, and it's only Monday

Well, today started with a wake up pain from my bicep muscles. They were in a lot of pain from moving the furniture yesterday. So I skipped the morning strength workout and just had breakfast(oatmeal=120). As soon as the kids were ready, we went to Shoprite(about 9am) to buy the next couple of months worth of meat(chicken, pork, ground turkey and a minimal amount of red meat) and some random produce and frozen products that were on sale. That was a bit of a chore with the kids, but they were pretty good because I gave them jobs to do. Then when we got home, the kids played outside for a while and I had to sort and wrap the meat. That is a job!! The morning passed quickly.

As soon as the kids got on the bus, I had my lunch(510), which was a weird combo. I had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, 2 mini egg rolls and some chips. After lunch I did some errands and wound up at Kohl's to spend the rest of my gift cert. I found 2 short sleeve shirts that look really cute and a 3/4 length sleeve shirt that is adorable. It was in the Misses section and it is really in style. I can't wait to wear it!!

When I got home, I had my favorite snack--a burrito(280). For dinner I made a roast beef in the crock pot with a great home made sauce of ketchup, brown sugar, pepper, steak sauce, lemon juice, beef broth. Once it was done cooking, I shredded it and put it on a kaiser roll(525). I really enjoyed the change for dinner because I sometimes get bored with all the chicken and pork that we eat. So my total for today is 1435 and I will have a serving of popcorn in a few minutes to make the total 1500.

Tonight before dinner I did manage to do my 30 minutes of cardio workout. The muscles in my arms still hurt, but I hope they are better tomorrow morning because I intend to do a strength work out--my new one. Tomorrow is a 1400 calorie day and I am a bit worried. I intend to keep it light through lunch so that I can have a potato of some kind with dinner if I want to.

1 comment:

SassyFitnessBug said...

You did great on Monday! That's great you were able to get some exercise in, even though your arms were sore. Moving furniture is hard work!

Good job with the calories too. You're doing great (and looking great!!!)