Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sunday, Sunday

Well, it is that time of the month again when I weigh and measure. I didn't have any success with the weighing. I have not lost any weight this month, I am still at a total of 41 pounds lost since September. My measurements prove that I am still progressing though so I am happy. I was not as strict this month with the low calorie days or the exact counting as I have been in the past. I intend to get much stricter this week and continue with the good exercising. So to date, here are my losses in inches for the month and the last three months that I have been measuring.

March losses(inches)
Bust: 0
Band: 1 inch
Waist: 1.25
Thigh: 0
Hips: .25
Arm: 0.5
Neck: 0

Total losses since December(inches)
Bust: 1.75
Band: 1.75
Waist: 8.25
Thigh: 2
Hips: 2.50
Arm: 1.75
Neck: 1.0

Total inches lost in March: 3.0
Total inches lost since December: 19 inches

Today was a successful day. I had my calories set for 1500 and I had designated it as a possible rest day. I was busy with yard work, playing outside with the kids and running some errands. So I didn't sit still, but I didn't do any particular assigned exercise. Part of the reason I decided to not do formal exercise is because my foot has been in major pain the last couple of nights. I thought that maybe a day off from formal cardio would be nice. Tomorrow morning I will do a cardio/strength workout and see how it feels at night.

I didn't have much breakfast today--just a few pieces of candy(170). For lunch I had a small salad and a ham sandwich on wheat bread(310). For snack I had popcorn(60). Dinner was a nice treat. We had duck that was cooked on the smoker, some butternut squash that hubby roasted in the oven with some nutmeg and a cabbage-pineapple-soy sauce salad that was lightly sauteed. Overall a great dinner of experimentation(662). For dessert, I was able to treat myself to a doughnut(300). My total intake today was 1502.

The plan for this week is this:
Monday: 1500; cardio/strength 45 minutes
Tuesday: 1700; cardio 2x
Wednesday: 1400; strength and cardio
Thursday: 1700; cardio 2x
Friday: 1500; strength and cardio
Saturday: Splurge day; cardio
Sunday: 1500; cardio

Here's to a good and successful week!

1 comment:

SassyFitnessBug said...

Wow, dlv! I am super impressed with your progress in inches loss -especially on your waist. Holy moly that is a lot of inches!!! You should feel very proud of your success and I am really happy you are not letting the lack of weight loss this past month get you down. You are right that the inches lost shows you are moving forward. Also, sometimes losing the strict structure for a little while is a nice break that you need. I think, too, it's good because it throws your body off a little and keeps it from plateauing. Great job on your activity level too. You're just doing so awesome..you are inspiring me to really stay on the wagon.