Sunday, March 9, 2008

Saturday and Sunday

Saturday was a nice splurge day. I did exercise for about 35 minutes on the treadmill. For breakfast, I stuck with my oatmeal. For lunch I had a burger and fries. I even had pickles on the burger--I love pickles, but they are a bit salty for me to have too often. For dinner, we had lamb chops and homemade butternut squash soup. We also had some brownies. We managed to cook everything in a blackout too! Our lights were out from 6:30 PM until 7AM Sunday morning. It was annoying, but fun. We got to have some real quality time with the kids after dinner by playing the board game Trouble.

On Sunday I decided to take a rest day because my knee has been giving me some trouble. I hadn't taken a rest day since last Saturday so I figured I needed one. I never really plan for a rest day, I just see when I need one. I actually got to sleep in a bit today, so I didn't have any breakfast. For lunch, hubby made me a cheese and salsa quesadilla. I put a tiny bit of sour cream on it too. I also cut up a tomato for a total of 485. For snack a had brownies(300). For dinner I had pork(300), honey/orange juice baby carrots(150) and ice cream for dessert(275). My total for the day is 1510. I did do a lot of cleaning and ran to the supermarket so I didn't sit on my behind all day--although I can never really sit still with 3 kids!

Here is the plan for the week:
Monday: 1700 strength and cardio
Tuesday: 1500 cardio 2x
Wednesday: 1800 strength and cardio
Thursday: 1500 cardio 2x
Friday: 1600 strength w/cardio
Saturday: SPLURGE cardio
Sunday: 1600 cardio

This week I have changed my calorie intake regimen again. I was only giving myself about 1400 or 1500 calories a day. That isn't working. So I am going to go back to more zig-zagging. I know the doctor suggested otherwise, but it isn't working and in essence my body is storing the calories instead of burning them. Hopefully this will make me more successful in losing weight. I still have another 3.5 pounds to lose by March 20th as my short term goal. I hope to make it.

Here's to a great week!

No comments: