Tuesday, December 18, 2007

A hungry day

Of course I was hungry today and my calorie allowance was moderately low at 1650. I managed to get through the day with success. For breakfast I had oatmeal and pretzels(210). For lunch I had a frozen meal and chips(680). I had pretzels and an apple for snack(260). For dinner I had homemade turkey soup and a twice baked potato with a bit of sour cream(350). For dessert, I had instant hot chocolate(80). So my food intake was great.

Today I was supposed to exercise twice, but I couldn't get up the morning. I was so tired all day today. All I did was walk on the treadmill for 40 minutes this evening before dinner. I am happy to have done that workout, but wish I could have gotten up this morning for the second workout. My body was just telling me to rest so I did. Usually I can function on about 6 hours of sleep, but after a few weeks of that I just get wiped out. Tonight I am going to be in bed by 10 so I can get 7 hours--which is my ideal amount of rest needed.

I came to a revelation today. I have been figuring out my caloric intake for the day/week/month using the calories that are for extreme fat burning. I have been succeeding with that, but realize that I am limiting myself a bit too much on my splurge days. So I have decided to add about 200-400 calories to my week so that I can have a better zig-zag effect before/after my splurge day. For example, this week I was allowed 1888 calories a day for extreme fat burning for a total of 13,216 calories for the week. If I were to use the fat burning amount, I would be allowed 2212 calories a day. This gives me a total of 15484 for the week with that amount. So this week I am going to allow myself 13450, which isn't that much above my number if I were to follow the extreme fat burning amount. I have been doing fine using the extreme calorie allotment, but I have been finding that counting on the days I splurge is getting a bit old. I would like to just abandon it for one day a week. As Sassy says, it makes the rest of the week much easier knowing that I eat whatever I want at least that one day.

So that is my new plan and I think it really won't change my success too much. If I find that I am not losing weight over the next couple of weeks I will revisit my idea to see what may need adjustment. I am open to suggestions if anyone would like to offer thoughts or ideas on my plan.
Thanks for your support!!!

1 comment:

SassyFitnessBug said...

I think that is a very reasonable approach to the plan, dlv. I've been using the "Fat Loss" number and doing fine with the weight loss so I don't think you'll have a problem if you up your calories as you indicated. ESPECIALLY with all the exercise you do. I am so impressed with your diligence with the exercise...even when you were tired, you managed a 40 minute workout! That's diligence! You're doing great!