Friday, December 7, 2007

I did it!!

Today was weigh in day because I didn't know what we were having for dinner so I wanted to be careful in case I ate a really salty meal(like pizza). Anyway, I lost 2 pounds this week. I didn't expect that, but I was happy about it! I spent some time this morning trying on clothes because some of my clothes look ridiculous. I found that a few shirts I thought would fit better now are just too big. I tried on a suit that hasn't fit in about 1.5 years and it looks great. I have a real problem because I don't have any pants that fit. I have one pair of black pants that I recently bought and they are too big now. I have a pair of jeans that looks huge and some sweatpants that look okay. I will have to buy something this week or next for casual wear during the holidays.

My calorie allotment was 1750 today and I did stick to it. For breakfast I had a donut and a chocolate(250). Steve brought the donuts home yesterday, but I resisted because I didn't want to go over my calories. For lunch I had a bagel with lox spread and some chips(700). I treated myself to a coffee coolatta made with skim milk for a snack today(170). For dinner, I had Ramen noodles(400). That leaves 230 calories and I am sure that I will find time to have a treat after I take care of getting the kids ready for bed. I think it may be a hot chocolate and some pretzels. That will be 180 calories and my total for the day will be 1700. I love to eat the pretzel nubs with mustard because there aren't a lot of salt on them.

I am looking forward to my splurge day tomorrow. I am also looking forward to having a day of rest from exercise because I haven't skipped a day since I was sick a week and a half ago. I really enjoy exercise, but every now and then I need a day off. So since I have a busy day tomorrow and haven't skipped in about 11 days, I am just going to skip it.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

SassyFitnessBug said...

I am so happy for you!!! I loved reading about how the clothes that you hoped would fit now are too BIG!???? That is such a great discovery. That means you are making excellent progress. I think of all the satisfactions, the most enjoyable is seeing clothes fitting and looking better. That's so exciting. Good for you losing 2 pounds in one week!! I am beaming.

Mama Leone said...

Great job losing 2 more pounds. How exciting it most be to find out that your clothes are too big for you. Keep up the good job!