Sunday, December 30, 2007

Sunday's semi success

I intended to eat well today and I think I did alright overall. I started off with a chocolate covered pretzel for breakfast--not the healthiest, I know. For lunch, I had half a turkey sandwich with tomato and mayonnaise. For dinner, I noshed on various snacks at the open house. I had 3 small chicken wings with dressing, a little spinach dip on toasted herb pita bread, a very small piece of cheesecake, and a piece of toasted french bread with roasted onion, prosciutto and goat cheese---that was my favorite. I came home and attempted to add up all of the calories from the snacks. I think I stayed within my 1000 calorie allowance, but I can't be sure. I came pretty close. I didn't drink any soda or alcoholic beverages, just water so I wouldn't waste calories on drinks. I figure I am going to have a couple drinks on New Year's eve since that is my splurge day. I am really going to treat myself tomorrow to celebrate all the progress I have made, even if I am above where I was a week ago when I weigh in tomorrow morning. I did exercise for a little more than 40 minutes again today.

So overall, a good day but I am not certain if all of the snack type foods will be good for the salt retention that has been going on with me. I tried to stay away from the saltier items, but I am so sensitive I can never tell what will affect me.

Either way, I wore a new shirt and bra today and when I rang the bell of my friend's house, she took one look at me and asked me where I was going. She hadn't seen me in about 2.5 weeks and she said I looked great. That is funny because the last time I saw her she said nothing. It made me feel really good and confident! I am off to the store tomorrow to buy another one of these bras because it makes me look thinner!!

3 comments:

Mama Leone said...

Wow!!You were only allowed 1000 calories today? You are really a determined lady. Good job and you do look really great.

dlvblueyed said...

It wasn't a 1000 calorie day, that was just what I was allowed at the party---sorry to be confusing!!

SassyFitnessBug said...

You did great sticking to your calories even though you had the challenge of all those tasty snacks around. You were smart not to waste calories on drinks (I'd much rather eat my calories than drink them!) That's great your neighbor noticed the change in you. Even though you're losing weight steadily, you may find that all of a sudden, after a certain period of time, everyone starts noticing. That's what happened with me.