Monday, December 17, 2007

My Monday

Today was a successful day! I was allowed 1900 calories today and I am almost positive I stayed within limits. Breakfast was cereal with milk(265). Lunch was 3 nuggets with a little honey mustard sauce and some fries(543). I had some chips and salsa for snack(275). Dinner was an evening out with a friend at a nice little restaurant in Moorestown called Barone's Tuscan Grill. I had pasta primavera with whole wheat penne. I ate a little over a cup of pasta and most of the squash, spinach and mushrooms,a house salad with a vinaigrette--I only at half of that--and a dinner roll(608). When I got home, I had hot chocolate(80) and popcorn(100). My total calorie intake today was 1871.

For exercise today I did Leslie Sansone's 2 mile Walk for Abs workout. I enjoy it because it is also strength training as well as cardio.

I didn't weigh myself over the weekend although I like to on a once a week basis. I weighed in today because I felt less bloated. I lost a half a pound this week even though I ate what seemed like saltier foods--at least they seemed salty to me since I felt swollen in my fingers a lot this week. Now overall, I have lost 30.5 pounds and have dropped a little more than 2 sizes in both my pants and shirts. I say a little more than 2 sizes because I can't quite buy the smaller size, but now I am in mostly XL in tops and if they are number sizes, I wear an 18/20. One of the things holding me back is my chest, which I don't think will shrink much more. As for my pants, I am now in a size 18 and could squeeze into some 16 pants, but it isn't worth the discomfort. I can also wear an XL pant in elastic waists, which hasn't happened since I had my first child. It is amazing how much more confident I feel with just this minimal weight loss and size changes.

My goal is to lose 20 more pounds by March 20th...which is the start of my spring vacation. I have already set that goal so that I know where I am headed. It is just an estimate and I will not be utterly upset if I don't quite get there. I know it gets harder to lose weight the more you lose. I am pleased that I lost my 30 pounds--which was my Christmas goal. I am so pleased with how everything is going for me and I feel so much better about my health in the future and having enough energy to keep up with my kids.

Hope everyone has a good week!

No comments: