Thursday, December 13, 2007

What a day!

Well, professionally, life was stressful today. I am happy that didn't lead to me over-eating. Today was a 1630 calorie day. I had a weird assortment of food, but have managed to stay within the limits. For breakfast I had a cup of instant hot chocolate(80) and regular oatmeal(100). For lunch I had leftover chicken pot pie(491) and some pretzels(110) because I needed a crunch. I had some candy for snack(180). For dinner, I had the weirdest combo of leftovers. I had leftover bacon from yesterday(93), leftover chicken & rice from earlier in the week(150) and a root beer float(250). I still have 176 calories left, but I am not sure that I will use them. I feel really bloated in my fingers so that is usually a sign that I am retaining some fluid from salt intake. I usually weigh in on Friday mornings, but if I still feel bloated I will wait until Saturday.

As for exercise, I only did 20 minutes on the bike today, because I am getting used to it and I have another cold so my breathing is more difficult when I exercise. My energy level is a bit down today from being sick, but I am not going to give up my exercise tomorrow unless I am on my death bed--which I won't be since it is just a cold.

Overall, I am pleased with my calorie intake today.

2 comments:

Mama Leone said...

So sorry that you are sick. I know how hard it is to push yourself to exercise when you are not feeling well-Shows that you are really determined. Good job!

SassyFitnessBug said...

You are really doing great, dlv. Sorry to hear you had a rough day at work and are under the weather. Feel better!