Saturday, December 8, 2007

My latest accomplishment

Well I know it is early in the day, but I had to write because I forgot to mention this yesterday. With my latest 2 pounds of weight loss, I have achieved my 30 pound goal. I have really begun to see the difference in my body in my clothes. I spent some time trying on various outfits and found that some clothes I thought would now fit are too big. I am putting them right in the donation pile. I am going to make a donation of clothes this month because the pile in my closet is getting in the way. I really feel bigger looking than I am in some of my clothes, but like I have mentioned before, the budget is not allowing me to buy clothes right now. So maybe by the time I can afford the clothes I will be able to buy even smaller sizes.

As for my calorie allotment today, I have 2800 calories to use. I ate maple and brown sugar oatmeal(160) for breakfast. For lunch we were at a kids roller skating party and I had one and a half pieces of pizza(450). I had a diet soda while I was there but they don't have calories, just caffeine that makes me have to go to the bathroom a million times. That leaves 2190 for dinner at my parents' tonight. We are going to order sandwiches(we are not the traditional Jewish family) after we celebrate Chanukah. (We do the gifts before we eat so the kids have time to play with the toys.) Anyway, I am thinking I will have a cheesesteak with mushrooms. I have figured out with some help from Calorie King, that a large one would be 760 calories. I can't imagine that I could eat a large one so I will estimate less at about 700 total with ketchup. I will also probably have fries(500). I know my mom is making brownies for dessert and I figure to have 2 of those(400). My other treat of the night will be to have a regular soda(without caffeine because I don't want to pee all night). That still leaves me with 390 calories. I am fine if those aren't used up because I will still have eaten 2410 calories for the day and that is plenty.

As for exercise, I did not do any formal exercise, but I spent about 1.5 hours walking back and forth on the skating rink with the kids. I couldn't put the skates on because of my foot. But the area that beginners skate on is about 10 feet by 40 feet. That is the length that I walked so I did get some activity in today.

Well, off to a celebration of lights!!

1 comment:

SassyFitnessBug said...

Happy Chanukah! What a fantastic day and my mouth is watering reading about your cheesesteak, fries, pizza and brownie! (Even though I don't eat cheesesteaks, I still think they smell soooo good). I am glad you had such an enjoyable splurge day and CONGRATS on the 30 pounds! That is fantastic!!!