Saturday, December 29, 2007

What a day!

Today was one of those days when I felt like all I did was drive around. After karate this morning, we ran to the supermarket and then to the rehab center in Cranbury where my grandpa is staying right now. We brought lunch(turkey salad sandwich with fruit and pretzels-725). We stayed there for a couple of hours and came home around 3. I had some candy for snack(400). I sat down on the couch for a few minutes around 4 because I was just so wiped out. I didn't sleep well at all last night because I had a headache. I took ibuprofen around 12:30 and that allowed me to fall asleep, but I woke up at 6 and couldn't really get back to sleep because I was in pain. So between the lack of sleep and just being tired from the busy week, I decided to take my once a month nap. I slept for about 15 minutes in 5 minute clips because the kids kept coming over and talking to me. I don't know why they don't really think I am sleeping if my eyes are closed and I am laying on the couch. Anyway, I got up at 4:30 and exercised for about 42 minutes on the treadmill. That did energize me for a while. We made sesame-ginger marinated pork chops and salad with dressing for dinner(373). I had hot chocolate also(80).

I was originally supposed to have an 1800 calorie day, but I decided to make it only 1700 since I have been feeling bloated the last couple of days. I left tomorrow at 1800 since we have an open house tomorrow afternoon. I intend to eat lightly during the day so I can save some room/calories for some nice snack foods at the open house.

2 comments:

Mama Leone said...

Your day was really busy and as tired as you were it would had been really easy for you to cheat on your calories, but you ate less than you planned. Good will power. Keep with it!!

SassyFitnessBug said...

I agree...you are amazing at how diligent you are, even when you are in a vulnerable condition. I am so proud of you! And once again, you amaze me with your commitment to exercise. Good job!