Monday, February 25, 2008

Back to the grind

Well, after a not so great weekend of calorie intake, I was much more strict today. I didn't go overboard on Sunday, but I did eat a bit salty and had a piece of cake which was about 300 calories too many for the day.

Here is today's list of food:
Breakfast: oatmeal=200
snack: apple=70
Lunch: salad=150
snack: leftover chili on chips=500
Dinner: chicken stir fry=400
Dessert: 100 calorie cookie bar

Today I was allowed 1400 and I went over a bit with 1490. I am not that bothered because it is under 1500, which is what the doctor told me I should be in taking every day. So tomorrow I will try to keep it closer to 1400 instead of 1500, but I may have a bit of difficulty with that. I have to attend a lunch meeting tomorrow, but I am sure there will be a salad I can have. The tough part will be the salad dressing. I will ask for balsamic vinaigrette or a light dressing on the side.

I used a little extra lemon today--two glasses with it--so that I can cleanse my body and pee out some of the extra salt weight. I feel a difference in my ring already so I know I must have lost some of the salt weight that I took in on chili night.

I was supposed to do cardio two times today. I did a strength and cardio workout this morning. Tonight I walked on the treadmill. My body hurts a bit today because I have been working a bit harder to push my workouts to the next level. It feels good to know that even on the days when I may have a higher calorie content or if I go over my limit that I am exercising to combat that.

1 comment:

SassyFitnessBug said...

Good job on Monday! Boy, it can be hard to stay motivated this time of year but we just have to keep thinking that spring is right around the corner (and shorts, and bathing suits!) Won't it feel nice this summer to feel a little more confident in those clothes?