Thursday, February 14, 2008

What a tough day

Well, I did great in the exercise department today. I did a strength training workout this morning and walked for 40 minutes tonight. I had oatmeal(130) for breakfast, salad, popcorn, and chicken for lunch(227) and salad again for dinner(200). That totaled 497 which is great for a 1500 calorie allowance day. However, there was junk around every corner today and I had to have it. In the morning I had a rice krispie treat(150). After lunch I had some fries(382). When I got home from work I had some cheese its(130). I also had some chocolate when my kids were opening their Valentine's cards and candies from school. I think that I had 350 calories in chocolate. So my total for the day was 1614. Not a bad amount, but not the 1500 I aimed for today.

That is the second time this week that I went over my allowance. I don't know what it is about me this week. I have no motivation to stick to the diet. Yesterday I even got a compliment about how I looked from somebody who I didn't think even noticed. So that should motivate me even more. Whatever this slump is I hope it passes. I am undecided about weighing in this weekend. I think I will because I will have my period the next week and I don't want to weigh in then. If I have gained any weight it might be a motivator to get back on the straight and narrow. Like I said, I haven't been doing terribly, but I think I have slipped a bit. I think the truth of it is that I am just a bit tired of calorie counting.

An idea I had was to not calorie count at all this weekend to give myself a break. I know how to eat healthy so I wouldn't eat trash, but I would not count every item. I figure the worse that might happen is that I would simply break even. I will see how I feel after tomorrow, when I have another low calorie day.

1 comment:

SassyFitnessBug said...

dlv, when you go over, you BARELY go over and when you do go over substantially you almost always switch days around to make up for it. I think you are TOTALLY adhering to the program. Don't beat yourself up. Believe me, 16 - 50 calories over isn't going to make a difference, especially with all the exercise you are doing. You're doing FANATASTIC!!! I envy you for how well you are doing!!! I need to be as good on this program as you are.