Saturday, February 16, 2008

Saturday's strange success

Today was supposed to be a 2500 calorie day for me. Instead, it wound up being a low calorie day due to a stomach problem. I was doing fine until around 3:30 when I was exercising. I ate a cookie snack bar for breakfast(100) and hubby made corn dogs for lunch. I had one and a half as well as a pickle and some olives(500). I never tried a corn dog before today and it was great! I then spent the afternoon doing various chores and cooking pancakes and French toast to freeze for the kids(saves a ton of money). As I was getting ready to exercise, I noticed that my back hurt and I felt a bit constipated. So I started walking and about 22 minutes in I had to stop. I was dizzy and felt I had to throw up. So I went upstairs, got a shower and just laid down. I managed to doze off for about 10 minutes and still felt crappy when I woke up. I went downstairs and decided to try to empty the dishwasher. After I went to the bathroom, I felt much better. I still did not feel perfect, but I did eat a piece of chicken(250) for dinner--I skipped the fruit and coleslaw for fear that I would upset my stomach.

It is now 9PM and I feel much better. I had a couple of shortbread cookies and some plain popcorn for snack(300). So my total for today was 1150. I did manage to drink all of my water. I used lemon in each glass today and I wonder if that bothered my stomach. I hate stomach issues because I usually can't figure out a reason behind them unless there is a disease behind it.

So I did not get my full exercise in, but I got some in. I hope to be back to normal tomorrow. I think I will probably allow myself an 1800 calorie day tomorrow just so I get a bit of a treat. My next splurge day isn't until Saturday so I need a higher cal day in there somewhere. I will have to figure out my plan tomorrow.

1 comment:

SassyFitnessBug said...

Sorry to hear you were feeling ill yesterday. You deserve a lot of credit for exercising! I hope you feel better today.