Monday, February 11, 2008

A new week and some new goals

Today was a decent calorie day, but I am sick to my stomach. I am finally getting over my cold, but I have a stomach bug of some kind. For breakfast I had cereal with milk, for lunch I had some soup and a burrito, for snack I had some chips and for dinner I had salad. Today's total was right on target with 1400. I couldn't manage to exercise this morning, although I did do some cleaning for about a half hour so I was on the move for a while. Tonight I rode the recumbent bike for 35 minutes. I know I was supposed to exercise twice today, but when I don't feel well, I have to give myself a break.

I was thinking about the goals I have achieved so far and where I want to go from here. My original goal was to lose a total of 20 pounds between Jan 1 and March 20. Since that is a bit of a push, I have decided to re-evaluate my plan. A reasonable plan would be to lose another 25 pounds by June 19th--which is the day before I leave for vacation. So that would mean I would lose a total of 65 pounds from September until June 20. So my small goal for now is to lose 7 pounds by March 20. As I continue on in this diet, it gets slightly harder to lost 2 pounds a week so I have to account for the weeks when I only lose 1 pound. That is still okay, but I need to make sure I am not dissappointed. I still intend to keep up my exercise and take my measurements as well. I just thought that I need to revise my plan. It is possible that I could lost 10 pounds in the next 6 weeks, but this cold weather does not help that. I think once we are able to go outside and play with the kids, I will be able to lose more weight simply by being in motion more often.

Well, now that I have babbled on, I hope that I have made some sense. I am open to ideas and suggestions if anyone has any. Please feel free to post them in the comment area.

1 comment:

SassyFitnessBug said...

Hi dlv

My suggestion would be to aim for 5pounds a month weight loss and anything more is a bonus. You are less likely to get frustrated this way and most likely to meet your goal every month. 5 pounds a month is 60 pounds a year, and a year goes by fast! Also, remember that you are gaining muscle now and muscle weighs more than fat, so remember to take inch loss into consideration when evaluating your success. You are doing so awesome - I'd hate to see you get frustrated. I look at it this way...any loss is a success because either way, the time is going to pass by. It can either pass by with progress, or pass by with no progress. As long as you are continuing to make progress, you are moving forward toward your ultimate goal and you are successful.

Keep up the great work and hope you feel better soon.