Monday, January 7, 2008

Doesn't feel like a Monday

I don't usually work on Monday's. Today I did and I felt weird all day while I was there. I had a decent food day, even though I felt like I ate a ton. I was allowed 1550 calories and I ate a lot of little meals. For breakfast, I had apple spice oatmeal(130) and a clementine(35). For lunch, I had an odd combo. I had a low calorie Italian vegetable soup(140), a muffin(140), and a light fruit cup(50). When I got home from work I was starving so I had a veggie burrito(280). For dinner I had pork tenderloin with a sesame ginger sauce, a baked potato with light sour cream and carrots that cooked in the crock pot with the pork(334). I had some low fat cookies for dessert(300). So my total is 1409. I am not intentionally trying to have low calorie days below my allotment, but I have made a few changes to my diet that are affecting my caloric intake. Hubby and I have made a conscious effort to lower the fat intake in our diets. This means more veggies than before, which leads to fewer calories.

As for my exercise today, I did follow my plan. I did Kathy Smith's walking and strength DVD this morning. It is a tough one for my foot and I did it this past weekend too so I am in some significant pain today. I did manage to walk the treadmill for another 30 minutes this evening. I didn't walk the fastest that I could, but that is because my foot is not up to par. I am going to play it by ear to determine if I can exercise tomorrow. My guess is no, but I am not ruling it out completely yet.

1 comment:

SassyFitnessBug said...

Great job on Monday! You did great with the exercise and the calorie counting. I am always impressed with how on the ball you are, esp. with the calories as that is so challenging for me.