Friday, January 25, 2008

Frustrating Friday

Work stunk today because it was so busy, but at least the day flew by and I didn't keep looking at the clock. I got my blood work done this morning and since it was a fasting script, I treated myself to a sausage, egg and cheese bagel afterwards(640). Since that was a lot of calories to use on a 1600 calorie day, I ate a lot of small snacks during the rest of the day. For lunch I had a frozen meal of stir fry in Hunan sauce(270). I also had a package of cookies with it(100). When I got home from work, I had cheese crackers(130) and 2 mini egg rolls(90). I just seem to need a snack to get through at that time of day. For dinner I had a small salad(250) to combat all the snacking. Today I also had 3 hard candies(70).

I did exercise this morning at a good pace for 30 minutes before work. Tonight I also walked for 15 minutes and rode the bike for another 15 minutes after that. I know I keep complaining about the exercise limitations that I have, but I so wish that I had more time in the morning to do a longer workout. Even if I could get 45 minutes in it would be great, but like I have said before, waking up any earlier than 5:15 just won't work for me. The doctor told me that she recommends 30 minutes of exercise a day and it doesn't have to be consecutive. I don't see how that can be as beneficial as doing cardio for 30 minutes at a time. So what I am trying to convince myself is that I am doing the cardio for 30 minutes twice a day so that must be good also, even though I would rather be able to do one long workout.

All in all, I think I had a good day on the plan.

1 comment:

SassyFitnessBug said...

You are doing EXCELLENT with the exercise. Don't sweat it, honestly. You do more exercise than almost everyone I know. You did great today!