Saturday, January 12, 2008

Weigh in day

So I am not as disciplined as Sassy who can weight to weigh in until the last day of the month. I was only able to wait for about 2 weeks. The last time I weighed myself was on Dec. 31st. At that point at had gained back 3 pounds and was at a total of 30 pounds lost--which was my goal. I took measurements that day as well, but I won't retake those until Jan 31st. Although, I know I am shrinking because I can simply see it in the clothes that I am wearing---my shirts are a lot looser all of a sudden.

Today I weighed myself and I have lost the 3 pounds I regained plus I have lost 1.5 more. So I am at a total weight loss of 34.5 pounds. I know some of that weight lost is water retention, but I will take it any way I can :-) That is exciting for me! My goal is still that I would like to be at a total lost of 50 pounds by March 20th. As time marches on, I am not certain that I will be able to lose that much,but I would like to at least try. As I mentioned before, if I get close to that amount I will be happy.

I am going to try not to weigh in until Jan 31st now. I am accustomed to the weekly weigh in so this requires new level of patience for me. It is nice to see the over all results instead of the smaller results though. Now I can enjoy my splurge day!!!

2 comments:

Mama Leone said...

I know that it must have been disappointing to see that you gained back 3 pounds, but you stuck with the diet and now lost 4.5 pounds. Good job!!!YOu have come a long way. Stick with it!!!

SassyFitnessBug said...

Great job, dlv!!! I am so happy for you that you lost the 3 pounds plus more! And to see (and feel) the difference in the way your clothes fit is such a great thing. Hang in there and don't worry too much about timing of goals reached. You are consistently moving forward and that is all that matters.