Thursday, January 10, 2008

Trying Thursday

I had a great morning. I had a small piece of cheese(35) for breakfast just so I could keep the metabolism going. For lunch I had a panini(280) of cheese, spinach and chicken(a Lean Cuisine meal) that was quite yummy. I also had one of my 100 calorie bags of Oreo wafers. I had to pick up something at the supermarket and I passed the apples....I was hungry so I bought a Fuji apple(100). I had a rough afternoon because I was straightening up and found some candy. I indulged and used 200 calories. I will be so glad when the Christmas candy is finally finished. When the kids came home I gave them Cheese Its and I wanted the salt since I had just had chocolate. I counted them out and only ate the correct portion(130). They were the reduced fat kind and they tasted just like the regular kind. The kids didn't know either. For dinner, I will be having stuffed peppers(470). I measured and calculated all of the calories when I was preparing them this morning using my new electronic scale from my hubby. I made 2 for myself and I am also going to have some Spanish rice(260). That puts me at a total of 1575 today and my allotted amount was 1600. A good calorie day even though it wasn't the best with the chocolate and Cheese Its, but that is the beauty of this plan.

For exercise, I did Leslie Sansone's Walking for Abs. It uses strength training to work the abs.
I will be walking the treadmill this evening as well. I was supposed to exercise 2 times today and one other day this week. I actually got to exercise 2 times on 3 different days this week. I worry about walking so late and then not eating until about 8, but it completely cuts out the need or desire for an evening snack. So far, it hasn't hurt me, but I try not to eat so late on a higher calorie day so that the calories don't sit while I am sleeping. I also don't go to sleep until at least 2 hours after I eat. I feel like I may see better results if I am not eating so late, but to be able to exercise 2 times a day is more important since I am still seeing results.

Yesterday I made an appointment with my doctor to have blood work taken and basically just get a physical. I want to talk with her about my plan since I have so much weight to lose. I just want to make sure my levels are all monitored. I know I am doing the right thing with the calorie counting, but I think it is a good idea to just get an overall physical. I think when I have achieved my goal weight/size, I will get another physical to check my levels then.

2 comments:

SassyFitnessBug said...

Great job on Thursday! I think your diet sounded good and your unhealthy snacks were minimal. Oh, and didn't you know? Chocolate is HEALTHY! ;) That's how I always rationalize eating it. Oh, and DOVE BARS are the healthiest of all the chocolates. Did you know that?

Glad to hear you got a scale! You'll love it.

SassyFitnessBug said...

P.S. That's great you're getting a physical. Good idea. I am due for one too.