Sunday, January 13, 2008

Satisfying Weekend

Yesterday was a splurge day and I figure I ate about 2500 calories. I didn't eat much in the morning except a few cookies. I ate a snack bar for lunch and for dinner I had a hamburger and fries. I had some chips later on and also a bit of candy. What a great day!! I even got to exercise with a walking and strength video before the craziness of the day began.

Today I was allotted 1750 calories. I didn't even get close for some reason. I think I was so full from yesterday that I didn't need to eat that much today. For breakfast I had a little bit of dried cereal and some orange juice(250). For lunch, I bought a pre-made turkey and cheese sandwich at the supermarket. I estimate it to be about 500 calories. I think that may be high, but better to overestimate. I also ate cheese crisps(100) with it. For snack I tasted the pepperoni bread that my hubby was preparing for a food day at his office. I didn't calculate the calories exactly, but I estimate it to be about 150. For dinner, my hubby made a new recipe. It was pork shoulder with various kinds of peppers and a yummy spice mix. We put it on top of rice with a bot of sour cream. All in all, I calculate my serving to be 491 calories. For dessert, I had no sugar jello with cool whip(75). So overall I had 1566 calories today. I may treat myself to a hot chocolate later(80), but I am pretty full right now.

As for exercise, I managed to get 2 sessions in today. This morning I walked for 40 minutes on the treadmill. Not at my usual speed, which is about 3.3 miles per hour, but at about 2.9 mph. My foot has been mildly irritated this past week and it is slow to recover. It seems to be getting better so I didn't want to stress it too much. This evening, I rode the bike for 10 minutes and then did some strength training. I worked on my abs for a while with my exercise ball. Then I just used some free weights and worked out my arms. In total I exercised for 30 minutes again tonight.

Here is the plan for the upcoming week:
Monday: 1500 cardio in AM & PM
Tuesday: 1650cardio/strength in AM
Wednesday: 1800 cardio AM & PM
Thursday:1650 cardio AM and PM(possible skip day)
Friday: 1700 cardio/strength AM
Saturday: SPLURGE & cardio
Sunday: 1750 & cardio

As I look at last week's goals, I begin to wonder if I am zig-zagging enough. This week, I am going a bit extreme for me and only allowing 1500 calories on Monday, but I want to try to kick start the program this week. I know that I have been successful with higher amounts allowed, but I think I need a lower week this week because next week there will be a couple of luncheons that I am required to go to and will need to have a bit of a higher week than normal. So this week I am aiming for the extreme fat burning amount of calories.

Here's to a good week for everyone!!

1 comment:

SassyFitnessBug said...

Awesome day! You're really doing great, dlv. Keep up the good work!