Thursday, January 31, 2008

Thursdays success

It was an exercise free day for me and that felt nice.

My caloric intake was supposed to be 1700 today. I stayed within my limits. For breakfast I had cinnamin spice oatmeal(200). I treated myself to a coffee coolatta today(170). For lunch I had a greek salad with chicken(500). I had some peanut butter for a quick snack(124). For dinner I had a burrito(260) with sour cream(40) and some olives(50). For dessert I had some popcorn(120) and an ice cream sandwich(140). My total for today was 1584. I am going to keep it at that because some of the food was not all that healthy.

Today was measurement day for me. I am so pleased with my results. I wish I had taken my measurements when I started this program back in September so I could see the total results.
Here are the measurements and the losses--all areas were losses!!
bust: 1.75 inches
waist: 6 inches --couldn't believe it so I measured 3 times!!!
thigh: 1 inch
hips: 1.5 inches
arm: .75 inches
neck: .5 inches

I also measured the area where my bra strap sits but I don't know what to call that(I named it the band area)
band(basically under bust): .5 inches lost

Overall, I lost 12 inches. I am so excited by that!!! I took a good look at myself in the mirror this morning--which is not usually what I like to do while naked---and could really see the difference. I have kind of avoided looking lately so that I would be surprised. I have, of course, checked myself out in clothes, but they do cover up problem areas. I put on a pair of pants that I bought about 2 weeks ago. I had not yet worn them and they are already big enough to pull up and down without undoing the button on the fly. I was so shocked by that. I have lost a lot of inches in the waist area in the last couple of weeks. I know some of it is being toner, but I can see a big difference in that area the most.

I had talked to Sassy about the post pregnancy/c-section belly fat. It is getting better, although it is going to take a long time to try to shrink, even with all of the weight and inch loss. Part of that is the fact that I have been overweight for a long time and part of that is from having a twin pregnancy that completely distended my skin. I will keep on trucking with those 7 minute abs. which I try to do at least 3 times a week.

I also got my bloodwork results from the doctor. My triglycerides are at 260 and shouldn't be over 150. My cholesterol is pretty good--217, should be at 200 or below. I unfortunately have horrible genetics for these two numbers. Both of my parents have high cholesterol and triglycerides. My mom's can be controlled with diet but my dad's can not. He takes medicine. I eat oatmeal at least 4 times a week, fish a few times a week and turkey, chicken or pork the rest of the week. When I told the nurse what I was eating, she said I can't do much more to control it by diet. So she suggested that I start taking a fish oil supplement. So today I started that. I will get a re check on the bloodowork in 6 months. My cholesterol has always been on the higher end of average and with age things have a tendency to get higher. The nurse wasn't that worried about my numbers other than the triglycerides. I am going to do some research myself when I get a chance to see if there is anything else natural that can help. Any suggestions are welcome.

So overall, I had a successful month in the measurement department. I will weigh in this weekend to see how I did in the weight department. I feel really bloated in my fingers the last couple of days so I am a bit concerned.

1 comment:

SassyFitnessBug said...

OMG, dlv! I am astounded by your inch loss! Especially on your WAIST! That is amazing!!!! See, this is why you shouldn't let the scale rule your perception of your success. Obviously, you have been making great success...those results are outstanding.

Re: your cholesterol and triglycerides, sorry to hear that you inherited bad genes in that department. Check with Mama Leone because I think she had a lot of success (if I remember correctly) lowering her cholesterol by taking Garlique supplements.

Anyway, I am so happy for you about your measurements and great job on the calories today.