Sunday, January 27, 2008

Successful Sunday

Today I was allowed 1500 calories and I stayed completely within my limits at 1390 total for the day. For breakfast I had regular oatmeal(100). At about 11:30 I was hungry but didn't want to eat lunch so I had some cheese crackers(200). For lunch I had a tuna sandwich on wheat with a slice of American cheese(310) and a pickle(20). For my afternoon snack with the kids I had some popcorn(70). For dinner, I made a new Asian stir fry package that we bought the last time we were at Costco. It includes noodles, Chinese veggies and a sauce. It is meant as a side dish, but if you add a protein(in my case chicken) you can make it the main dish. So we had the stir fry(600) and I made some of the mini egg rolls(90). I am definitely going to have a snack later--I think I will treat myself to a cup of chai tea because it relaxes me.

Exercising was not what I wanted to do today, but I managed to ride the bike for 30 minutes after I fed the kids lunch. It felt good, but I just had so many little things to do today that I didn't want to stop that to exercise.

Here is the plan for the upcoming week:
Monday: 1400 cardio and strength
Tuesday: 1600 cardio
Wednesday: 1750 cardio 2x
Thursday: 1500 rest
Friday: 1650 cardio and strength AM/cardio PM
Saturday: 1600 cardio
Sunday: 2500 cardio

I know last week I set an exercise schedule and was not able to stick to it, although I did exercise. So I am going to try to set a plan of exercise for the week and see what happens. I think as long as I exercise and try to get some strength training in, it is a successful week.

This week is a big one for me because I am going to check my measurements. I am almost positive that I will see some changes in the numbers because I see it when I look at myself in the mirror. I also hope to see a change in the number on the scale on Thursday.

As always, here's to a good week!

1 comment:

SassyFitnessBug said...

Good job on Sunday! You squeezed in a good half hour of exercise, even though you were really busy. Good job on the calorie counting too. I don't know how you usually manage to be UNDER your allotment. That rarely happens for me.