Sunday, January 6, 2008

A Wonderful Weekend

Saturday I was allotted 1900 calories. I had a granola bar for breakfast and a chicken salad sandwich for lunch. That left me 1300 calories for my dinner out with hubby. For dinner, we went to the Library II and I felt like I ate like a queen. I had the salad bar, a shrimp cocktail, a baked potato and a slice of bread with butter. For dessert we split a piece of cream cheese pound cake. That totaled 1321(I calculated as best I could and added a few calories if I wasn't sure) That put me at 1921 for the day. Not bad considering I ate out and enjoyed myself. I think the salad bar was what helped because I know how much a cup of lettuce is and a cup of broccoli and so forth. Yesterday I tried a new walking video that I got for Christmas by Kathy Smith. It has a 30 minute walking section that also gives a little strength workout(I used 2 lb weights). Then there was another 10 minute "power" section where we didn't use weights, but just pushed the walking a bit. My legs felt it today.

As for today, I was allowed 1700 calories. I had a couple bites of my daughter's French toast(100). For lunch, I had a vegetable burrito with lite sour cream(280). I had an Oreo bar(100)while I was out food shopping. For dinner I had chicken drumsticks that were grilled and brushed with a bit of barbecue sauce(250). I also had salad again(200). I had a couple of homemade chocolate chip cookies(200). That puts me at a total of 1180 calories for the day. I keep thinking I am missing something and that is why my total is so low, but I didn't. I am going to have a snack later, but I haven't figured out what yet. I doubt I will get to 1700 calories today, but that is alright I guess. As for exercise, I only walked about 33 minutes today. I wasn't motivated, but I got my butt in gear and walked hard anyway.

Here is this week's schedule:
Monday: 1550 and exercise twice: 1xwalking with strength and 1xtreadmill
Tuesday: 1600 and possibly skip exercise
Wednesday: 1800 and cardio
Thursday: 1600 strength and cardio(exercise 2x)
Friday: 1750 and cardio
Saturday: 3000 and cardio with strength
Sunday: 1750 and cardio

I didn't skip any days of exercise this week, but I am thinking that I may skip Tuesday since I have exercised for about 10 days in a row without a break. I think that seems to work for me--to exercise for 10 days and then take a break. It has been almost 2 weeks since I weighed in and I am curious so I may weigh tomorrow, but I am going to try not to so that I can see larger results---hopefully--at the end of the month!!

Here's to a good week!

1 comment:

SassyFitnessBug said...

Wow - what a great weekend you had! And you got to go out to dinner and still be on the plan. Good for you and great job with the workouts!