Monday, January 21, 2008

Manic Monday

So after a long night yesterday that involved a trip to the ER for my daughter--who decided that she should jump off a couch---I managed to stay within my allotment today, which was 1500. For breakfast I had a homemade granola bar(110). For lunch, we treated ourselves and the kids to McDonald's--not the healthiest, but I counted the calories none-the-less. I had a Big Mac and fries(922). Since we had a large lunch, we had salad and a baked potato for dinner(383). So I had a total of 1415 today.

I barely had any energy to exercise, but I managed to get 15 minutes on the treadmill and 15 minutes on the bike just before dinner. I didn't feel like pushing too hard, but I did try the next level up on the bike. I am so tired that I might not be able to wake up tomorrow morning to exercise. I will try, but if not, I will try to exercise twice on Wednesday and Thursday to make up for it. So overall, a decent day considering the exhaustion level.

Since this is a public blog, I was wondering if anyone was reading it. If you are and have any suggestions about how I could make the blog more interesting, informative or inspiring, please feel free to leave a comment. I would love to hear from people who have been through the same process or who are struggling with the same issues that I do. Also, feel free to ask me any questions.

1 comment:

SassyFitnessBug said...

Sorry to hear about the little one. Sounds like she was exercising too. Hope she's okay. You did great counting the McD's calories - isn't it great that you can enjoy any food you want - you just have to count it. Good job on the exercise too.