Saturday, October 6, 2007

Can't believe it!

I was allowed 2000 calories today and I didn't even hit it. I didn't try to keep it low, but I guess with a busy weekend day I wound up skipping a couple of snacks. I had oatmeal for breakfast and half of it spilled so I only used 100 calories. I decided to have a piece of my homemade zucchini bread about an hour later because I was still hungry(100). For lunch, we took the kids out for a special treat and I got a grilled chicken sandwich and fries(668). For dinner we had linguine Alfredo(500) and salad with a little dressing(100). Dessert is mint chocolate chip ice cream (300). That only totals 1768. I hope that tomorrow is as easy because it is an 1800 calorie day. I guess tomorrow I will come up with next week's plan. I am going to have to make one of the days a lesser amount I think.

The part of today that is even more shocking to me is the part about my clothes. My friend Sassy had mentioned that she might have financial hardship as she loses weight and I understand that. I said to my husband today that a lot of my underwear is too big, including my bras. My pants today could fit another half of my waist in it with me and that is only from losing 15 pounds. I have a lot of clothes that are in my closet from after my first pregnancy that haven't fit in a while...they are mostly winter clothes so as soon as the weather changes I am hoping to get into some old clothes. I didn't gain that much weight after my second pregnancy but just enough to have to get new pants. I can fit in the old pants now but they are too tight. Some of them have become less tight this past month when I tried them on so I know I am on the right track. I have one pair of black pants that are just so huge they literally fall down when I am walking. They are not flattering, but I can't see buying a lot of new clothes until I lose a lot more weight. Last winter a lot of the shirts I wore awfully tight around my bust so I hope to change that. For me though, I never seem to lose weight in my chest. I would like to but I am not sure that is int he cards. I figure if I lose some of the fat on my back that will help the shirt situation. We shall see. I know that i will have to buy new clothes next spring/summer so I guess I will be asking for gift certs to various stores for x-mas and my b-day. That is a good thing to ask for!!!

I would like to lose 10 more pounds by the time I go away at the beginning of November. We are going away then and I would like not to gain more than 3 pounds while we are away. I figure by then I will have a pretty good understanding of how many calories many foods are worth and I can estimate when we eat out. I may not have the ability to zig-zag the calories, but at least I can try to stay below my 2000 calories allotted. I can babble more about that another time.

Off to relax and put my foot up so it is ready for tomorrow's exercise.

2 comments:

Mama Leone said...

Stick with it! I'm back to blogging! I hope that I can stick with the diet as well as you and sassy are doing.

SassyFitnessBug said...

Hey dlv,

That's awesome that you can see the change in how your clothes fit! That is a sure sign you are succeeding! Don't worry too much about the trip...I think it would be really difficult to gain weight there with all the walking you will do. If anything, you'll probably need extra calories just to keep your energy up! ;)