Friday, October 12, 2007

"Weigh" to go

So today was the big weigh in---I usually do it on Friday or Saturday. I felt confident today and since it is going to be a busy weekend I thought I would take a peek today. Well, I have lost 2.5 pounds since last week. I guess all of that drinking is working!! I was so happy. That puts me at a total of 18.5 pounds lost since I started this weight losing attempt on July 9th!! I am so happy.

So today I had a decent day all around. You can imagine that I was ecstatic at the amount of weight I had lost. So I treated myself to a special lunch. At the store where I went food shopping they sell freshly made sushi. It was about 500 calories so totally acceptable for my 1700 calorie day. It was delicious!! For breakfast I had a piece of zucchini bread for 100 cals. I had a piece of chocolate for snack this morning too. I really treated myself but still had a good day. For dinner I had meatloaf, scalloped potatoes and broccoli. I intend to have a snack later of some cheese and crackers. So over all I am going to have a total of 1660 today. I guess I kept so busy today that I didn't notice any hunger.

I was scheduled to exercise today to make it the 4th time this week, but my foot was swollen again and in pain from the rain last night so I was not able to walk. I did clean the house vigorously and dance a bit with the kids so I moved around, but not what I wanted to do. I know I keep complaining about the foot, but it so disappointing to me. I think I am angry because some of the weight I put on was when I was immobile after foot surgery. I know I am being pro-active now, but I feel a bit held back. I suppose either way I am doing well now and that is what counts!

1 comment:

SassyFitnessBug said...

WOW! Way to go!!!! What an excellent weight loss you had. I couldn't wait to hear what it was. It's more than all the water you are drinking...you are exercising a lot and controlling your calories and that is majorly hard work. You have earned this loss! And no looking back! Believe me, we are all kicking ourselves for letting the weight pile on, whatever the reasons, but it's all forward momentum now! Great job!