Monday, October 8, 2007

Got through with ease!

Today was a 1750 day. I didn't think it would be a problem but I thought I would be cutting it close by the end of the day. I was wrong!! That is probably because I didn't get to eat breakfast today since I was too busy with household chores and exercising. I walked on the treadmill for only 25 minutes today. I have a pair of sneakers that hurt me when I walk in them. I ordered new ones and they will be here in a couple of days. In the meantime I just suffer a little. Any more than 20 minutes of fast walking for me is good though since my foot still gives me pain at the end of the day sometimes.

So now on to the calorie counting. My total was1637 out of 1750. Lunch was a simply peanut butter and jelly sandwich on wheat bread with pretzels(475). For snack I was out so I had a soft pretzel(200) with the kids. For dinner I made ham steaks with pineapple and a side dish of carrots cooked with honey, orange juice and ginger(total=495). For dessert, I indulged in some home made apple pie(467) since I had so many calories left over. I imagine that if I weighed myself tomorrow I might be up because of the pie, but it is worth it. I am sure it will come off the next day or so.


Tomorrow is a 2000 calorie day but I can't imagine that I will hit that. One of the reasons I have it as 2000 is because I am defrosting the left over turkey croquettes from last week since they were such a hit. They are about 300 each so I want to make sure I have enough for the day. If I don't hit the 2000, it is fine with me. We will see how it goes because it is a long day tomorrow.

2 comments:

SassyFitnessBug said...

Hey dlv, Great job today! You know, I really don't think pie will make a difference as long as you stayed within your calorie allotment. I am really starting to be a true believer in "calories in, calories out". Good job in getting the exercise in, even though you don't have your new atheletic shoes yet.

Mama Leone said...

I know that exercising is very hard for you because of your foot. Keep at it. You're doing a great job so far.