Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A stressful but successful day

Well, I know this blog should really be about my diet, but I must vent. What a horrible day at work. I will spare everyone the details, but suffice it to say that my boss, who knows very little about what I do, has made a parent angry and now I am going to have to deal with it. I was hungry this morning in particular but this stress really made me want to eat a chocolate bar. So guess what I did......

At lunchtime I had to run to the store so I treated myself to a York Peppermint Patty. It only has 160 calories so I was okay with eating it. I had my normal oatmeal for breakfast(130) but today I had a different flavor--apples and cinnamon. At lunch I had PBJ sandwich on wheat bread with pretzels on the side(590) and also my chocolate!!!

I had a banana(90) for snack around 2:30. Dinner was a new recipe from Rachael Ray. It was a french onion/dip sandwich soup(650). There was bread on the bottom topped with shredded roast beef and topped with onions that were sauteed for about 30 minutes with wine and beef broth added at the end. It was yummy--a little salty even though I used half low sodium broth. No veggies except the onion today and only one fruit. I will have to do better with that tomorrow. Dessert was 1/2 cup of ice cream(200).

I have 30 cals left out of my 1850 so I was right on target with my allowed calories. No exercising today. It was my scheduled day off, but my foot also hurt. I am going to exercise tomorrow morning. I am still waiting on my new shoes---they should arrive tomorrow so I can use them Friday to exercise. Can't wait!

Tomorrow is my first 1650 day so I am a bit nervous. I have a busy day so I think it should be easy to not be preoccupied with being hungry--that is why I chose tomorrow as a low cal day because I knew I would be busy. Wish me luck!!

2 comments:

Mama Leone said...

Lots of luck with your low calorie day! It's hard, but you can do it. Sorry to hear about your stressful day.

SassyFitnessBug said...

The way you handled that stressful situation was perfect. You allowed yourself an indulgence but stayed within your program. That is very hard to do when you are upset! Good for you!