Thursday, October 18, 2007

A strange day after all

I woke up early today and walked on the treadmill successfully for 20 minutes quickly and 5 minutes at a moderate pace. So today was my 2000 day which is practically a splurge day. I was supposed to eat a nice salad for lunch and I did. However, the Greek salad I ordered, which had roasted red peppers, feta cheese, tomato, black olives and spring mix lettuce and a balsamic vinaigrette, was only total of 315 calories. Since I knew that I was going to have so few calories at lunch I treated myself to a bagel with veggie cream cheese for breakfast(670). For dessert at lunch we had brownies(270). For dinner, I made pierogies, veggie egg rolls, and I had 2 chicken wings for a total of 640. So even though I was supposed to use a lot of my calories at lunch, I wound up having them at breakfast and dinner. I have a bit of a stomach ache now so I might not have any more food, but if I do I will stay within the 205 calories that I have left--I will probably have a piece of cheese(110) if I do have a snack. So without the snack it will be 1795 and with the snack it will be 1905 total for the day.

Tomorrow is supposed to be a 1750 day but I am changing that to a 1700 day. I think that would be better since I am supposed to have a splurge day on Saturday with 2700 cals. I might decrease Sunday also since I have had such a problem with the salt retention. I figure it can't hurt to have a few less calories and drink a bit more water. Today I drank about 11 glasses of water and had 12 oz of diet soda with caffeine. So really 1.5 cups of my water went to counteracting the soda. Overall I am happy with the way things went today.

1 comment:

Mama Leone said...

For some reason this diet makes you feel full on not that many calories. Good job on doing your exercises in the morning. I know it is really hard for you to find the time. Keep up the good work!