Monday, October 29, 2007

It keeps getting better and easier....

Today I had an 1800 calorie day. Breakfast was 2 slices of cranberry bread(200) and a rice krispy treat(90). Lunch was frozen pizza and grapes(500). I had a blow pop(130) after lunch and chips later on(200). Dinner was a turkey croquette with gravy(300), broccoli(50) and coleslaw(200). For dessert I will be having hot chocolate again with a bit of popcorn(170). I used 1790 calories today so I got really close to my target. I had a hungry day today because of my period so it was a good think it was an 1800 calorie day. I must say, that even though I had cramps today, it was easier because I have been more active. So instead of wanted to curl up and sleep, I decided to just keep moving to work through the pain. I had originally planned pilates for this morning, but the cramps did not allow me to get moving quickly enough this morning. So I decided to switch tomorrow and today. I did my cardio today by mowing the lawn--which takes about an hour. It is actually taking less and less time because I am walking faster these days.

The better part of my day was clothes shopping. I started at one end of the mall and walked all the way to the other end without getting foot pain or even feeling a bit tired while walking at a good speed. When I was at my heaviest, even walking the mall would be something of an effort. I bought a suit outfit today and surprised myself. I was trying on a jacket in a size 22, which is what I thought I would be and it looked a little frumpy. So out of curiosity I tried the 20---it fits!!! And it fits nicely, not tightly. I got a blouse that is size 18...the only problem I have with that is the chest pulls the buttons a bit. So speaking of the chest, I bought a new bra today. I have lost about an inch in the bra size--maybe a bit more, but definitely enough to need new bras. I have a couple that are a smaller size from before I had kids, and they fit now.

One more thing, I got a compliment today--my first one. My neighbor, who I haven't seen in about a week, told me "you look different, did you lose weight?" I said yes, she said "you look good" and I told her it is because my clothes are a little big so she couldn't tell. That is the problem I am having now. It really isn't in the budget to buy more clothes so I have only one pair of jeans that fits, and they are too baggy. I will buy a pair of jeans after my vacation. I will try to wait until after Christmas to buy some new casual shirts since I have bought a couple for work this last week. I still really don't know what size I am all the time because different companies have different styles. All I know is that I haven't fit in a size 20 anything for about 2 years so I am excited. I have a long way to go, but so far I am happy with my progress.

2 comments:

SassyFitnessBug said...

Wow, dlv! I am so happy for you! What a happy day to find the exercise so much easier, fit into smaller clothes AND get a compliment! Congratulations. See, your hard work is paying off!!!

Mama Leone said...

Moving faster, smaller sizes and a compliment - what more could prove that you are being successful with your diet. Keep going! The sizes are going to keep getting smaller, the compliments will start coming in even faster, but the one bad thing is we won't be able to keep up with you when we go for a walk!