Sunday, October 14, 2007

A surprising day in 2 ways

So I wanted to weigh myself today because I knew I was going to drink beer. I always feel that it makes me bloated so I wanted to see how much water I retained from it. Well, to my surprise I had lost another 1 and a half pounds. I didn't intend to do that, I didn't even try. I have been more conscious lately of not over stuffing myself. For example, yesterday I was offered cake, but I didn't eat any because I was pretty full and didn't want to get sick. This program is beginning to make me aware of if I am full or actually hungry.

Today was a splurge day for me--2700 calories allowed. The other surprise is that even after calculating high, I think I only consumed about 2400 calories. I know I ate some salt in the spinach dip, but overall I did well. I had crackers and my mom's spinach dip. I love it!! I ate half a pork sandwich and a half a cup of pasta salad. I also had some beer bread and garlic dip. As for the beer, I had about 6 samples at about 4 oz. each. For snack--just finishing now, I had some more of the spinach dip and crackers----I am a sucker for that stuff. It's a good thing it is moderately healthy.

So overall I am happy about how today went.

For the upcoming week, my total allowed calories according to the website is 13776
So here is my plan:

Monday: 1650 and exercise

Tuesday: 1850 and exercise

Wednesday: 1800

Thursday: 2000 (and exercise?)

Friday: 1750 and exercise

Saturday: 2500

Sunday: 1850


This totals 13400...which is 376 less than my total allowed amount. I am going to leave that though because I think I do better knowing that I am trying to keep it under my total allowed amount. I can add a few calories to my Monday or maybe on my splurge Saturday and not feel bad. Although, I haven't had to do that yet, I know there may be a first time.

Wishing everyone a happy and healthy week!

2 comments:

SassyFitnessBug said...

Wow, dlv - the weight is just falling off you! That's great that you had a really enjoyable weekend, stayed on the program and still lost weight. I am so happy for you!!! Good luck this week!

Mama Leone said...

I am so proud of you with your weight loss! Good job!!! Good idea about leaving some extra calories to play with.