Wednesday, October 24, 2007

A stressful, successful day

When I went to work today I thought it would be a boring day....boy was I wrong. Every time the phone rang it was for me. At least I was busy. That made the low calorie day a lot easier. Today I was allowed 1650 calories. I was bored with oatmeal so I had a bagel with cream cheese(450). For lunch I had left over dinner which was chicken and broccoli with a basic BBQ sauce(250) with a Rice Krispie Treat for dessert(90). I had an apple about an hour later since I was still hungry(55). For snack I had popcorn(60) with the kids. For dinner I made turkey meatballs with the kids. They love to make them. I only had one because I didn't really want any. So with the fettuccine, sauce, Parmesan cheese and meatball it totalled 485(I had a little extra fettuccine because I love it.)

So that all totaled is 1390. I am definitely having a snack tonight. I think I might treat myself to an ice cream sandwich for 150. That leaves me at a total today of 1540, which is great. I even got in an extra morning of exercise. I decided to walk outside today since it wasn't raining this morning when I woke up. I walked the same walk I have been, which has been taking me 30 minutes exactly. Today it took only 25 so I have to increase the distance. My foot is killing me from the weather, but I am so determined to exercise, that I would rather walk through the pain. If it doesn't get better soon I may call the orthopedist and ask for advice. I just don't want him to say that I have to stop walking. Hopefully the recumbent bike will help with that.

I feel great about today because I had not planned to exercise and I did anyway, even though it was only 25 minutes. I will get up tomorrow and exercise. My goal is to walk 35 minutes on the treadmill now. I know that isn't much, but it is all I can do so I feel like at least I am moving.

By the way, I wore the pants that were tight today with a shirt that was tight in the spring. The shirt looked perfect and the pants did too. I hope that they are too big in a couple of weeks!!

2 comments:

SassyFitnessBug said...

Wow! What a successful day you had! Extra exercise, diligent with the calories and clothes fitting better to boot! Great job!

Mama Leone said...

Good job sticking to the low calories. Sorry to hear about your foot hurting. I hope that the bike helps. Maybe soaking your feet in very warm water after you walk or at night will help. Stick with it!