Saturday, October 13, 2007

A tasty treat

Well, Sassy, I must admit that I was so excited to see the guacamole today because I didn't have much to eat before I came---too busy running around. If I get busy, that is the only way for me not to eat snacks. So when I am home and not working I snack less. Maybe it is boredom. Well with the great guac dip and the chips I ate with it, that snack was 415 cals. I thought that would tip the amount for the day, but with my morning slice of zucchini bread(100) and a lunch of PBJ and a few chips(600) I was able to eat my 2 pieces of pizza(600) without even making it to my allowed 1900. Even if I underestimated the guacamole and added a few calories for good luck, I am still only at most at 1750 for the day. I think though that the salt has gotten to me from the pizza and the chips because my hands feel a bit swollen.

The only reason I didn't make this my splurge day is because I expect to drink some beer tomorrow and have a bit of pasta salad which I know is higher in cals. So I allowed myself 2700 for tomorrow in hopes that I can manage that with the alcohol involved. Since one beer has about 120 cals in it for 8oz. I think I will be fine. I can't really drink that much without getting drunk so I will stick to mostly water I think. I will allow myself about 2 glasses of it and that should be enough. The other side of it is if I drink I don't want to eat and I know that isn't good for me. There will be lots of yummies so I would rather snack than drink.

I will let you know how it goes tomorrow!!

2 comments:

SassyFitnessBug said...

I am glad you enjoyed the guacamole. I was disappointed with it. Did I tell you I tried a different variety of avocado? Instead of buying the Haas avocados (the small, dark green, bumpy ones), I bought the Florida avocados (large, smooth, light green ones) and I thought they were bland tasting. I did add a lot of flavoring to the guac but I still thought it was bland. Oh well!

You did great yesterday especially considering all the goodies that were around! Good for you! And now you have extra calories to splurge today at your party. Have fun and enjoy yourself...you earned it!!!!

Mama Leone said...

Good job resisting the cake yesterday. I know it must have been hard. This diet doesn't make you feel that bad about yourself when you do over eat because you know that you can adjust your calories on another day. Good job!