Saturday, October 20, 2007

Stress free Saturday

Today was a very relaxing day. I had to bring Adam to karate this morning, so I didn't get to exercise until late morning. I enjoyed my 30 minute walk. I am seriously going to look into getting a stationary bicycle though because I was told that would be less stress on my foot injury. I am going to research various bikes and them make a decision. I think they are reasonably priced.

Since I had allowed for 2500 cals today I splurged a bit. I had oatmeal for my early breakfast(150) and half a brownie(75) around 10:30. For lunch I had fries with a bit of ketchup and a grilled chicken sandwich with lettuce, tomato and mayo(990). For dinner, I went out with Becky and had a side salad with garlic chicken primavera. The menu at TGIF's said that this recipe was about 500 calories. I can't see how it was, so I am estimating that it was about 650.(I entered the various ingredients separately and estimated how much they gave me of each. I can't imagine that they would lie 150 calories worth, but I want to overestimate so I don't over eat.) The salad was about 185 with the dressing. After dinner, Becky and I sent shopping to get paints for pumpkins and she got to choose a dessert. We try not to let the kids have dessert right after dinner because we find that they will ask for food again later. So it was about 30 minutes later and she decided she wanted gummy worms. Since it was a splurge day for me, I ate them with her. They counted for 240 of my day.

So overall I consumed 2290 calories today. I was allowed 2500 so that was a great amount. I have reduced my allowed amount for tomorrow to 1800 instead of 1850 because I think I ate a lot today. I have a lot of cooking to do tomorrow for the week so I think I will be rather distracted. I usually drink a lot of water when I cook because of the heat of the oven. So tomorrow should be nice weather and not too hot.

I am also going to weigh in tomorrow and see how the scale treats me. I still feel slightly bloated from salt intake this week, but we will see how it goes after I exercise.

2 comments:

Mama Leone said...

The stationary bike sounds like a good idea. I'm anxious to hear how much weight you loss!! Good job! Stick with it.

SassyFitnessBug said...

Good job, dlv! You are being so diligent on this program. Love those new sneakers too and you looked great when I saw you. I can see a definite change in you. I can see how the stationary bike would be better for the feet since there would be little to no weight/impact on them when cycling. Hey - don't you have an eliptical machine? (I thought you did). They give a great workout and I don't think they put much impact on the feet either (although probably more than a bicycle since you are standing).