Tuesday, October 2, 2007

A new recipe and a surprise

I am going to start by saying I have such a headache all day today. I had stress at work that was resolved, but still, enough to get my mind racing. I am also due to get my period which often is preceded by a headache. My foot also gave me a bit of pain today because it is still bothered by the yardwork I did on Sunday. So, that being said, I still had a good day.

I don't know why, but I weighed myself today. I decided to do that because I wanted to see if I gained water weight since I drank about 15 glasses of water yesterday. To my surprise I lost a pound. I was so excited!!

Today was a 1700 calorie day for me. I kept it under at a total of 1683. It was easier than I expected. I am one of those people who needs to eat every 2 hours or so in order to be successful when dieting. I wrote out the list of all the snacks that I put in my lunch bag this morning before leaving for work. When I got home, I crossed off the one I did not eat and added up the others. I had added them all before I left so I knew I still had enough for dinner---I left 895 for dinner. That method worked out for me. I will do it that everyday I think.

For breakfast, I had apple-cinnamon oatmeal. I am trying to have that often because it is good for cholesterol(150) and it is low in calories while still filling. Lunch was left over lobster ravioli and a rice krispy treat. For snack I had cheese crackers and later I had a granola bar.

I made turkey croquettes today and they turned out really great. Each croquette had a little less than 300 calories as I figured it. I always add a few calories if I am not certain. I think it was probably about 285, but since it was all ingredients that I put together and had to do calculations for, I used 300 for the intake amount. With the croquettes I had pierogies and broccoli. For snack I had popcorn--about a cup.

The recipe was from www.foodtv.com and I just searched for "turkey croquettes." My husband really loves croquettes so I wanted to make them especially good. He was so happy that he had 2 and wanted more. We froze the rest though for a second meal since it made so much.

Well, I am happy with today so hopefully I will have another great day tomorrow.

1 comment:

SassyFitnessBug said...

You had a great day, dlv! And even though I don't eat turkey, I have to admit that my mouth is watering thinking of them. I wonder if I could come up with a meatfree version? Good work with the calorie counting too!