Thursday, October 25, 2007

No pain and I hope no gain

Well, maybe the title is misleading. I did have extreme foot pain this morning when I tried to exercise. Instead of walking I used some weights for about 20 minutes and then did some stretching/toning type exercises including crunches and leg lifts. This wasn't what I wanted to do, but at least I did something.

As for the gain part of the week, I am going to weigh in tomorrow and see how it is going. I feel good about the loss of inches, but I am not certain what the scale will say. I would hope that I lose a pound, but we will see.

Today I was right on target with my allowed 1900 calories. I didn't get to finish my oatmeal so I only counted 100 and I ate 2 peanut butter crackers later because I was still hungry(100). I was hungry around 10:30 so I had a small apple(55). For lunch it seems like I ate a lot of food, but there weren't a lot of calories. I had a BLT sandwich on wheat bread with a tablespoon of mayo(319). I also had grapes(65) and a low carb treat(110) for dessert. For dinner I made steak with a bit of steak sauce and grilled onions, green beans, and we also had 3/4 cup of premade coleslaw for a total of 577 calories. I also had hot chocolate for snack with the kids when they got home from school(190).

So I have eaten 1631 and I intend to have a cup of of hot chocolate made with powder/water for 80 more calories in a few minutes since it is so cold out. The total for toady's intake is 1711 so I am happy with that. I know I could eat more, but I am just not hungry. Tomorrow is a 1700 day and I basically did that today. I know I have said it before, but is it wrong that I am not eating more? I just feel like I could eat all day when I have a 1900 calorie day. Maybe I should have a more extravagant lunch when I have a higher calorie day. Well, so far it isn't hurting so I guess I can stick to what I am doing.

2 comments:

Mama Leone said...

Good job with doing the different types of exercising. I know how you feel about getting stuffed before eating all your allowed calories. I'm not sure if it is best to keep eating until you get to the total allowed, but if what you're doing is working I wouldn't worry about it. Keep going!!

SassyFitnessBug said...

I envy both of you because I can ALWAYS eat more - well, except maybe on my 3000 day. I am not sure if eating less would affect weight loss. I know the idea behind calorie cycling (zig-zagging) is to keep the body confused and not used to one calorie level (so it doesn't slow it's metabolism to adjust to a calorie shortage)...so I just don't know. But if you are full and really not hungry, it doesn't seem to make sense to eat more. That's the way we are SUPPOSED to eat, right?

Good job on Thursday!