Sunday, October 21, 2007

Today flew by!

I started my day with exercise....today it was mowing the lawn. I like to mow because I feel accomplished and I know I am exercising. Today I walked faster than usual and actually got done in about an hour. So now the lawn looks good and I was able to exercise also.

Today I was allowed 1800 cals and I didn't eat that much. I had a glass of OJ and a couple of bites of my daughter's french toast for breakfast(total 200). For lunch I had an individual frozen pepperoni pizza(410). I like making a frozen meal every now and then. They are higher in sodium than fresh food so we try to stay away from them here for the daily lunches. While I was cooking all day I got hungry so I had some tortilla chips and cheddar cheese(300), not a lot, but enough to keep me satisfied. For dinner, it was leftover night because Steve is at the football game. I had a piece of the chicken I made earlier in the week with 2 small stuffed cubanelle peppers(rice and Parmesan cheese) for a total of 600. I think that may be a bit high because it was a small piece of chicken, but I always estimate high to be safe.

Since it is the weekend, the kids got to have a special dessert. I decided to have an ice cream sandwich along with them(150). It really cured my sweet tooth. I am still a bit hungry so I may have a piece of fruit later for 40 calories. Even if I do, that still leaves me with only 1650 cals eaten today. That is good to know because I am allotting a 1600 day tomorrow and I wasn't sure if I could do it. I know I can now because it is only 50 less than today. I think I may make some jello tomorrow for snacking this week since it is only 10 calories if I make the sugar free kind. What I might do is mix a box of sugar free with a box of regular so that I can reduce the calories but not eat as much artificial sweetener. We will see how tomorrow goes though. I was supposed to make 4 recipes today and I only made 2. I made 3 meals worth of turkey croquettes and that was a ton of work. I left one package out for this week and froze 2 other packages for future meals. I blanched and froze some squash and prepped some of the items for the meatballs I want to make tomorrow. I also want to make home made chicken nuggets since they are probably healthier and cheaper. If the kids like them I will make them more often.

So the day really went by quickly with all of the cooking, cleaning, and playing with the kids. I sat down with the kids before I started cooking and we painted our pumpkins. That was really fun!! And in between various kitchen tasks I managed to get a load of laundry done. I am tired and my feet are tired from standing all day. I think I will sleep well tonight!

Here's to a good week for everyone!

1 comment:

SassyFitnessBug said...

Wow, what a day! You really did a lot! It's good how you are planning everything out and paying attention to all the details. And killing 2 birds with one stone with that lawnmowing! More power to you!