Friday, October 26, 2007

A loss and a gain

I weighed in today and was surprised to see that I lost a pound this week. I seem to have lost whatever water weight I had been carrying for a week or so now. My fingers don't feel as swollen anymore either. I didn't get to exercise today because I had to go to the doctor in the morning for a blood vessel that popped in my eye. It is totally common, but it looks like a Halloween stunt it is so red. It should clear up in about a week the doctor said. In the mean time I look silly.

So that was my loss and my gain is a new outfit. I have no black pants or brown pants for work so I needed to check out how some new ones fit. Since I had some leftover gift certificate($40) to Macy's, I went there. I found a pair of black dress pants that are a size 20. They are a perfect fit and I think they will actually be a bit too big in a couple of months, but I have to have something. I bought a dress shirt that is adorable. It is an extra large--not a 2x. It is really cute if I do say so myself. I also bought a $5 short sleeve shirt for my upcoming trip. It is a bit big, but the size smaller was too small. For $5 I don't care if it too big come next spring. When I put the pants on with the new shirt, I am happy with how I look. I know I have a long way to go, but I do feel like the outfit is flattering and that is what matters right now. So since I had the gift card left, I only wound up paying about $20 for the outfit and shirt today. Not a bad deal for 3 items!!

As for my calories today, I was allowed 1700. For breakfast, I was in a rush so I had an oatmeal-raisin granola bar(90). For lunch I had a wheat bagel with smoked salmon cream cheese and a few Doritos(650). I had a snack with the kids when they came home from school--an apple(55). For dinner, we had brajole(380) and potato gnocchi(270). My total up until now is 1445. I am going to have dessert in a few minutes. I am going to have ice cream(150) and a hot chocolate(80). That will put me at 1675, within 25 of my goal and I think that is acceptable. Tomorrow is my splurge day and I am going to allow myself 2700 calories. I am going to dinner so I will save most of the calories for dinner and just eat normally the rest of the day.

Enjoy the weekend!

2 comments:

Mama Leone said...

Congratulations on your weight loss this week. I'm sorry to hear about your eye. Hope that it clears up soon. Good shopping for $20.00. Congrats on going from a 2x to an extra-large! Keep going!

SassyFitnessBug said...

So happy to hear you had a loss this week! Great job! And what a good deal you got on those clothes for $20...a steal! I am really happy for you!