Saturday, October 27, 2007

A great, busy day!

I am writing early so I don't forget when I get home later since we are going out.

Well, I know I weighed in yesterday, but I decided to weigh in again today, because I noticed that my scale wasn't balanced last night. When I balanced it, I had actually lost 2 pounds this week. I am now up to 22 pounds!!! My goal was to lose 25 pounds by the time I went to Disney and 30 by the time Christmas came. I am going to be close to the first goal and I am happy if I am close. I would like to lose another pound before I go away, but if I don't, I am still happy with the way my clothes are fitting.

I had a karate tournament with Adam at 9 in Philly today and then I came home to drop him off and pick up the girls. I went to Kohl's and bought another shirt. I am trying to find an outfit for the second round of interviews on Tuesday but I am having a tough time. I want to be formal and I don't have a second suit that fits. So I am going to go out tomorrow and buy a suit or at least coordinating suit pieces. I have been buying clothes in the women's section for a couple of years now. I think those clothes are getting too big because I have less to fill it out---even in my chest, if you can believe that. I went into the misses section and tried on an XL. It fit everywhere except the chest--which I can't control too much. I think soon enough I will be back in the misses section.

Today I also tried a new exercise, Pilates, which were suggested to me by Sassy(who also let me borrow some tapes--thanks!!). The Pilates have little stress on my foot. I like it because I know it will tone the areas I need. It will take time, but I am going to dedicate 2 times a week to some version of Pilates. Then I can do 3 times a week of cardio. The idea is to maybe do both together on the weekend one day and then do Pilates one time during the week when I don't feel like cardio. We will see how that works out. So all together I will exercise 5 times--hopefully. I feel good already from doing them once---Pilates is a great stretching exercise as well as toning.

As for the food intake today, I have a 2700 calorie day allotted so I counted 170 for Cinnamon Roll oatmeal this morning(I don't usually eat that one since it is high in calories) and a grilled chicken and fries sandwich for lunch totalled 820. That leaves me with 1710 calories for dinner. We are going to a steakhouse so I have already figured that I will probably have a steak with about 500 calories, a salad for about 200 calories(with dressing) and a potato(I will treat myself to regular sour cream and maybe a bit of butter) for 300. I don't know what other things I may have as an appetizer, but I have left about 700 calories to play with so I can have a drink if I like or share an appetizer with Steve. I don't do dessert too often when we are out so I don't have to worry about that.

So I will have used most of my calories--which I wanted to today so that I can fool my body tomorrow. Another interesting part of my day is that I have gotten my period today and I didn't get bloated at all. That is a good feeling and I think it is from the exercising. I might change my mind about the bloated feeling tomorrow, but so far so good.

Hope everyone has a good night!

2 comments:

SassyFitnessBug said...

Wow! 2 pounds! What a nice surprise - and you never know...your period may actually be masking a larger loss than that. Good for you! Glad the tapes arrived and you like pilates.

Mama Leone said...

How exciting about your weight loss!! Every time I read about how well you and Sassy are doing it motivates me more. Glad that you like Pilates and it doesn't hurt your foot as much as the walking. Keep going!