Sunday, October 7, 2007

Felt good today

I had a busy day today. The exercise I chose today was mowing the lawn. It is good cardio and it had to be done--kills two birds with one stone. Breakfast was zucchini bread (100) and for some reason this morning around 10 I had 2 Oreo cookies(106). Lunch was hot dogs and sauerkraut with a few tater tots(560). I had some popcorn with light butter(180) for snack. Steve made great fried chicken thighs(200) for dinner. I know it isn't all that healthy, but we make it ourselves so at least we can make it a bit healthier. We had some left over parsley potatoes(227) and peas(70). Home made pumpkin pie is in line for dessert!(316) So today's total was 1769---31 short of allotted amount.

Last night Steve made me an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of my calories each day and each week. It allows me to see how many calories I have left over each week. This week I had a total of 396 calories left over. So that tells me that perhaps I need reduce my calorie intake by 100 or so another day of the week. Maybe that would help with weight loss, but I don't want to be too extreme so I will stick with the same basic plan this week and see how it goes since I am still having luck.

I had my weekly weigh in and I found out I lost another pound. That is a total of 16 since I started in July.

I hope to lose another 2 pounds this week.

Here's to a good week!!!

1 comment:

SassyFitnessBug said...

Excellent, dlv! You are doing so great. I love the idea of the Excel spreadsheet. That hubby of yours is so clever. Be careful about lowering your calorie level too much..I have read that setting calorie amounts too low can have the opposite effect you desire and may send your body into starvation mode where it clings onto weight as a means of survival. There is some truth to the fact that you have to eat to lose.